Jul 25, 2011

HouseWarmers Maids, LLC review

The best way to earn wealth is by not blowing it away on stupid stuff. LivingSocial and Groupon are great ways through which you can save a lot of money. But do you really need that Scuba lesson in a swimming pool or that pilot lesson where you hold the controls for 20 mins?

Recently, I bought a cleaning service via Living Social.

This was the worst cleaning service of all times.
  1. You cannot schedule in advance what time you want them to come. Essentially like the cable service, you have to stay home entire morning or afternoon or evening. Sure... I have nothing better to do with my life any way right?
  2. Didn't clean the inside of the microwave
  3. Didn't dust or clean the Window blinds or planks
  4. Fans not cleaned properly
  5. Hardwood floors felt sticky while walking after they cleaned
  6. Corners of the floor not vacummed
  7. Vacuuming of the room not done well; I could do better vacuuming with my left hand!
They leave you flowers, but I would rather have my home smell clean than have fancy roses. You can read horrible reviews on Yelp by going here

Avoid HouseWarmers Maids, LLC at all cost.


I tried to contact LivingSocial a few times, but I guess they don't really care about Customer Service now that their big IPO is coming out. Update: LivingSocial's customer service finally responded and gave me DealBucks credit to my account.

If a company gives you a hard time you could do the following:
  1. Contact the company and ask for a refund
  2. Contact LivingSocial or the company that sold you the voucher
  3. File a complain with BBB
  4. Small Claims Court
  5. Ignore, learn your lesson, always check reviews first and buy a deal IF you REALLY need it !